Monday, September 22, 2008

Busy Weekend!




I've had a very busy and expensive weekend, but have some exciting new materials to work with! There are some gorgeous natural stone pieces, some rose quartz, some turquoise, pearls, some Swarovski pearls... Not pictured is an order I placed with Bead FX, and a bunch of clasps I bought at some of the various shops on Queen street. My daughter helped me choose a lot of the materials, and she has excellent taste and an eye for the best!
I've got a few pieces that I've completed that I will be showcasing soon. I've also been bitten by the crochet bug, and had some fun picking out some yarn over the weekend. I plan to try out a few scarves and put them on the Etsy site to see how they do. I have a beautiful market bag I made - I love doing that sort of thing - we'll see how much interest it generates.
I plan to be very busy! I was at the doctor recently, and I will be tested for a sleep disorder in the near future, so how this will affect my ability to create, I don't know. Obviously, I'm hoping that the opportunity for good rest will bring all good things, but I am concerned about getting from here to there! Ah well, there is no success without failure, no gain without trying. I'm looking forward to a good result and increased energy and feeling better in the future!

No comments: