Thursday, October 2, 2008

What's New and Exciting!






I've just finished a beautiful Mother's Bracelet for my cousin. Of course, her daughter's name is Sara. She was born in September, hence the lovely Swarovski crystals denoting the September birthstone. The pink stones are Rose Quartz, and the stones separating the letters are Czech Crystals. I have yet to pop it in the mail. I've been lazy. :P I'm shocked and appalled at the cost of those darn letters! They are nearly $3.oo each! Holy Smokes! I'm so cheap...




I've been in the trenches making jewellery like a fiend. I've been using all the lovely stones I've picked up recently. BeadFX has had a sale on this week until October 5th, that I have had to indulge in. Yes, I've just spent $100, and yes, I'm spending another $100 - free shipping! I don't care if it's only $5 for shipping. Gee whiz! Anyway, I've bought the knotting tool I've wanted for a while. I'm going to try and make some knotted pearl necklaces.


Lately, I've become fascinated with single-strand c0llar- length necklaces. Variations on the good-girl pearls theme. I'm not sure where this came from, but to the left you will see my take on some bad-girl pearls. I call these my Vixen Pearls. These will be going up on Etsy soon. They look absolutely amazing on. An 18" strand of round, red pearls paired with black seed beads. Not your Mother's Sunday Pearls!


I have another version in green with silver accents that is quite fetching, and a beautiful pink glass bead and pink pearl counterpoint to this necklace that is certainly the 'good girl' side of the coin.

I've still not finished my fascination with memory wire. I have a couple of pieces in different media. The one at right is with different colour glass beads separated by hematite. I have a set with faux pearls making a bracelet and cute rings.
I have lots of things coming up - I'm working in a creative frenzy. Hopefully I will shake it all out in the next week so I can get it up and published on Etsy so the world can enjoy it. I'm having a great time, but I've made some commitments to groups that I want to be involved with. I feel like I'm letting people down, but the muse is calling! It's a horrible choice - but I can't let these ideas keep swirling in my head, either. I feel like I must empty it. It's like catching butterflies in a net.
With all of this going on, I have the itch to crochet starting. I have balls of yarn calling me. :D I'm having so much fun, but methinks I'm going to be busy for a while!

No comments: