Friday, September 5, 2008

Peace, Love and Happiness: My Etsy Store

I have my main store on Etsy. Etsy is a fantastic website where artisans of all types can get together and sell their wares - kind of like an on-line craft fair. I think I tend to do more shopping than I do selling, but that's okay - I love to support my fellow Artisans. It's overwhelming how much talent is out there!

What is really cool about Etsy is the opportunity to join teams. Teams are co-operatives of all different formations that get together to do everything from cross-promotion, cross-marketing, social support and everything in between. I've joined up with two teams:


Squidetsians
This is a wonderful group of people who each has a web page (called a 'lens' in the local lingo) on Squidoo (see Kierabel Designs' page) and who also sell on Etsy. Although this is the basic fabric that holds the group together, even though I'm a newcomer, I can see this group working together in a lot of different ways. There are several opportunities for cross-promotion, cross-marketing, and because the members are willing to work as a cooperative, it seems boundless the ideas that may be able to work in the future.

EtsyBEAD
This is a larger group that gets together for weekly discussions, has a message board and does a lot of cross-advertising type of promotions. It looks like there will be a wealth of information available with some seasoned beaders.

Two very different groups! I'm very excited to be able to devote more time and energy to my love of beading, and it will be interesting to see how these two groups affect my craft. I feel like I've learned so much in the past two weeks and I have a lot of appreciation to show!

No comments: