Thursday, September 4, 2008

Grandmother's Bracelet


This bracelet is an example of my custom work. It's a bracelet I made for my Grandmother. She wanted something to represent the birthstones of her 4 children and their spouses, her grandchildren and their spouses and her great-grandchildren. Altogether there are 41 of us. I made a three strand bracelet, divided it into the four family sub-groups and used Swarovski Crystals to represent each family member. I finished the bracelet with a large Swarovski Crystal on each end to represent her and my Grandfather - 43 crystals in all. I was able to find a push clasp that I thought she would find it simple to operate, since at 88, she has a bit of arthritis. She was so happy! She loves this bracelet, and I was honoured to make it for her!

My Family's section, including my parents, Andrew and I with My sister and her fiance on the middle row and Kieran and Annabel on the bottom

My Aunt and Uncle's section with their 4 children, 2 spouses and currently 5 great-grandchildren are the largest group! There are two more sections not pictured in the close-up.