Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy New Year!



Happy New Year to Everyone! After a crazy Christmas season, I'm back in beading mode! I've finally picked up where I've left off and am starting to use all the wonderful items I picked up last fall. I reduced my cousin's Mommy's bracelet (have yet to send it, though - oops!) But that will happen soon enough!


This year I've started off trying to inspire myself with some outside stimulation. I took this project from Beadstyle Magazine, November 2008 Edition, Page 84:




And I created my version:

I'm wondering if I like the skinny arms as much as the thick ones. Weigh in if you have a preference!
I've started working on some earrings with the rose quartz I've got and they're simple, yet elegant. I think I'll do some simple pearl earrings to match this bracelet as well. Nothing fancy, just some plain drops.
It's very cold here in T.O. this winter, so my pain has been flaring up and I think my brain has entered the deep freeze. All technical terms have flown out of my head, and I'm only up for simple stuff right now. Hubby claims I get like this every year, so I'll just hang in there 'til spring!
Happy Beading!

No comments: