Monday, October 20, 2008

The Crochet Bug!

So, it seems I've been bitten by the crochet bug. I've been frantically crocheting lately, for some reason I find it so incredibly soothing. It's something I've not done in a while, so I'm brushing up on my skills. I found some amazing yarn and am hoping to put a few items up on Etsy to round out the selection of items. I wanted to make myself a scarf first, and that is going well, and then I decided on a hat. I've found out I have an exceptionally small head, however, so no matter what I do, my hats have turned out looking a bit too big. They're nice - just big. I took them apart, but wound up with two nice looking ones out of the bunch. All in all, I made six hats last week - LOL! I'm still on the hunt for the right pattern that I can adjust to fit me properly.

Healthwise, I seem to be catching up on some sleep! I'm starting to feel quite a bit better. That is so many colours of wonderful, I can't even tell you! My days have been looking a lot like: Sleep, crochet, sleep, read, crochet - but it's all good!

I'm still waiting for an order from Bead FX. I've discovered the lovely uses of gimp wire, and how that's been missing in my work. I'm fired up about a couple of projects, and just waiting for my order to arrive, so beading will continue momentarily. I'm very excited about what I've got cooking in my brain, so I plan on having a lot of items spewing forth soon. Of course, in between naps!

Today is my seventh wedding anniversary! Yay!

No comments: